This recipe minestrone soup makes 4 adult-sized portions first course.
50g small pasta pieces or pasta for soup
500g carton of passata or 1 large
can (400g) chopped tomatoes
350g frozen mixed vegetables
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon bouillon powder
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs or
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely
1. Add all the ingredients to a large pan.
2. Bring to the boil stirring occasionally
so the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom.
3.Turn the heat down and simmer for
about 15 to 20 minutes until the pasta
4. Stir well before serving.
Minestrone soup is ideal for freezing. Once it has cooled down to room temperature, pop it into a plastic box or freezer bag, make sure it is securely fastened and keep it in the freezer until you need it. Having a home-made meal you have put in the freezer is the same as having a frozen ready meal – but without the high cost or added salt, fat and sugar!
If serving minestrone soup to a baby:
• don’t add the bouillon powder until after you have taken out the baby’s portion
• make sure the vegetables and pasta are finely chopped, and
• allow the soup to cool before serving.
Our first course minestrone soup – ready. Bon appetit!
Become a cook with us!
Return to the section First course