A Guide to Smart healthy snacks in School.
United States Department of Agriculture
Food and Nutrition Service
In this journal you will find answers to the following questions:
- Why are Smart Snacks important?
- Which food and beverages sold at school need to meet the Smart Snacks Standards?
- How can I tell if my snack meets the Smart Snacks Standards?
- Does USDA have a list of approved foods and beverages?
- How do I find out if my granola bar is a Smart Snack?
- What are the Smart Snacks Standards for foods?
- What is an entrée?
- Finding Information on the Nutrition Facts Panel and Ingredients List
- Are there healthy exemptions to certain nutrient requirements?
- What are the Smart Snacks Standards for Beverages?
- How do the Smart Snacks Standards affect school fundraisers?
- What if my school district wants to have stricter standards?
All recipes for snacks can be found in the “snacks recipes” section.